- What Information We Collect
- We may collect both personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information.
- Personally identifiable information includes things like your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, credit card information, gender, birth date, and other information of a personal nature.
- Non-personally identifiable information includes all other types of information about you that cannot be used to identify or contact you. For example, this type of information may include your IP address, browser type, domain name, and other anonymous statistical data regarding your use of the Website.
- How We Collect Information
- We may collect personally identifiable information when you subscribe to newsletters or mailing lists, order or purchase products, participate in surveys, enter into promotions, contests or sweepstakes, post messages to the Website, download materials, or participate in other activities we make available on the Website.
- How We Use Information
- We may use personally identifiable information to provide you with the features and functionality of the Website. We may use such information to enhance your interactive experience on the Website. For example, we may use such information to customize content on the Website, process your orders and purchases of products, improve our products and services, contact you, conduct research, and provide promotional activities.
- We may use personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing trends and user preferences.
- We may use non-personally identifiable information to remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website, provide personalized content and information, monitor the effectiveness of our promotional efforts, collect statistical data such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, and other information, and track your entries, submissions, and status in promotions, contests, and sweepstakes. We may use information to provide you with information on on-line auctions being conducted by businesses and organizations that utilize the on-line auction services offered by AuctionFrogs.
- When We Disclose Information
- We provide personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information to the businesses and organizations that utilize services offered by AuctionFrogs for the purposes of conducting on-line auctions. When you use the Website to access an on-line auction being conducted by one of these businesses or organizations, AuctionFrogs provides your information to the on-line auction site created by that business or organization for the purpose of enabling you to visit the on-line auction site, review items, donate to the business or organization, bid on items, receive invoices and pay for items purchased. Those on-line auction sites in turn provide information to AuctionFrogs for the purpose of enabling us to communicate with you regarding the status and details of the on-line auctions that you visit, including addition of items, auction updates, timing notices, out-bid notices, win/loss notices and invoices. These businesses and organizations may also utilize the information we provide to them, and that they collect from you during your visit to their on-line auction sites, for their own purposes. By utilizing the Website and visiting an on-line auction site, you are consenting to our provision of that information and the use of information by those businesses and organizations whose on-line auction sites you visit.
- Your Rights
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Website, in which case we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. You may also opt-out by notifying us that you would like to remove or unsubscribe your personally identifiable information and, with respect to communications from us to you, you would like to be removed from any communications from us to you.
- To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Website, such as service announcements, administrative messages and other information, that are considered part of your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- Third Party Advertisements and Links
We may allow third-party advertisers to serve advertisements within the Website. We may also allow, and the businesses and organizations using our services to conduct on-line auctions may allow, third-party advertisers to serve announcement on the on-line auction sites. When this occurs, these advertisers use technology to send, directly to your browser, the advertisements and links that appear on the Website or on-line auction sites and they automatically receive your IP address. In any event, neither AuctionFrogs nor the on-line auction services provided by AuctionFrogs to businesses and organizations for their use provides any personally identifiable information to advertisers without your consent, except as part of a specific program or feature, in which case you will have the ability to opt-out. Should you respond to an advertisement, the advertiser may conclude that you fit the description of the audience the advertiser is trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the Website or any on-line auction site, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. We limit access to personal information about you to our employees and contractors who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- International Users
- Privacy for Children
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 13, and no part of our website is directed to such persons. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Website without verified parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.